Thursday, November 15, 2012

END OF P1 JOURNEY

Today marked the end of Nyla's Primary One journey.
If you were to ask her how was it for her the past 11 months, her answer would be,"GRRRRRRRREAT!"
(Selamat 'R' dia tak pelat macam mak dia. :p)

It definitely has been such an enjoyable experience for her.
I myself had lots of fun teaching her and friends!

Looking back, there were times I cursed the current education system.
How compostion and oral picture conversation were already introduced at P1.
And MATHS!
How so many complicated concepts were just stuffed down the kids' throats.

BUT
I ain't letting my daughter be left behind la.
I also pondered about sending her to enrichment classes but Nyla wasn't keen.
"Mommy Pls ah. I already tuition what with you."
Mr E: Yah Mommy, she's only in Primary 1 anyway.
Her father backing somemore. 

Also, Nyla has been fortunate to have a caring form teacher, Mdm Patricia Goh.
Nyla adores her and thanks to her, Nyla has thrived academically and socially because she felt safe and comfortable to ask questions and share her input in the classroom.
Mdm Goh, thank you for being such a wonderful partner! (Parents+ Teachers= Children's success)

Nyla received her report book last week.
To say I am a proud momma and E, a proud paps would be a serious understatement.




















We celebrated at Sengkang with my in laws last weekend.












With the 'bunos' (hehehe! Cute right my FIL!) received from all at Sengkang, she went shopping and bought the toy she has aimed for quite sometime.






And today was Nyla's Prize Giving Day.


E had an important meeting in school so he cannot anyhow take time off. :(
E: You better take many photos k. And video pon! 
Alritey Sir!

4 important people in Nyla's life attended her special event just now.

1. My mother. Duh. She also attended Parent's Chat last May remember?
"Kalau dia tak menang apa apa pon, Mak datang." (If she never win anything, I'll still come one)














My mother, my mentor and Nyla's cheerleader.



 2. Bah, my role model and Rooqy, Nyla's number 1 fan.





3. Jambi, my annoying brother and Nyla's annoying uncle.

FYI, all 3 of us siblings came from Qifa Primary School. :)

Back to Nyla.
She has reaped what she sowed.
Her eyes were sparkling when she told us the good news.



 















She kept saying," I can't believe it! I can't believe it!"

Little did she know that E and I believed her and will always continue to believe in her, whether she's the top, middle or bottom in class.

I'd also like to wish you parents and kiddos a big fat congratulations for having survived academic year 2012!
Remember that good results are just a  'bunos' (bak pepatah ayah mertuaku!), let's reward our children for the effort they have put in!

Happy school holidays and children....apa lagi, its PLAYTIME!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats nyla n parents n grandparents also. All of u deserve this!! Maju nyla! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete