Friday, August 10, 2012

Hello NEW colours!

Last weekend, the 3 of us felt as if we just moved into a new home all thanks to the splashes of Nippon Paint on all our walls.

and doors too!

This time round, we chose a totally different 'feel' for our home.

Previously, we have enjoyed the feel of pristine and lightness with our ex-white walls. Super duper clean look.
(Because I stay in a 3 room HDB flat, back then, I felt that my walls MUST die die be white..as in Casper The Friendly Ghost white so that my home would look spacious.)
I was wrong la cos it is a myth that a room looks smaller when dark colours are used.
Dark colours can actually can create a calm and comforting mood, we can actually prevent it from being too oppresive by keeping the ceiling a fresh light colour etc.

I tell you, browsing through Nippon Paint's 'Colour My World 2012' booklet was no joke. So many lovely colours I became too spoilt for choices. I even took the 'Colour Personality Quiz' okay just to narrow down the colours that I should select.

RESULTS: Pure.

HUH?! Must I stick to white? WAILS! I don't want!!! I am damn sick and tired of white!


YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNS!

I had to consult the Nippon Paint PPS team who would prepare 'Colour Design Solutions' (Before&After effect)

"Okay, Joanne and Alan, I want a colour which complements my family's personality but at the same time I want a warm ambience for my living and dining areas. Soothing, comfortable and cosy."
Joanne: You should try "Odourless Lily White 1137" then Nura. Tell you what.
I'll do a colour preview for you and email you the picture of all the colours you have chosen for your home. If all ok, we will then proceed to prepare the paint materials. :)

Sounds great to me. We saw the 'preview' of Odour-less Lily White 1137 (Odour-less is actually one of their many paint products, Lily White 1137 is the colour) for our living and dining room.
Confirmed...Double confirmed on the colour!


TADAAAAAA!

Selecting the colour for my balcony was an easy task. I straightaway mentioned to Joanne that I'd like their colour of the year,"Latte 1114" for my balcony.

Bedrooms time.

Call it murky la...muddy-ish la but I knew I wanted a earthy greenish colour...(Think olive and pear!)
E and I just find this colour to be serene.
Furthermore greens are natural harmonious colours that provide balance and relaxation to the muscles and I personally feel that the 'greens' that we picked are antique-ish, classy and sophisticated. The colours come for colour creation's "Russet Pear 49B-3D" and "Leek 49B-1P" and they go absolutely well with our dark wood/black furnishings. :)


Very vintage feel ya?

Moving on to the babe's room.
Initially, she picked a light purple.



And then the day before the scheduled painting, she was packing for school...Was sharpening her colour pencils when she nonchalantly said,"Mommy, you think we can change the colour of my room or not?"
Me: NYLA! YOU'RE SO FICKLE! No.
Nyla: But you say I must voice out whenever I don't feel good about something. I VOICE OUT AND YOU DON'T WANT TO LISTEN!

*Dear God, please give my heart lots of strength especially during her teenage years."

Me: Fine la. What colour now?
Nyla: This one. I always use this colour you know when I colour my work. I just like it.

I tell you, very funny that this colour didn't cross my mind at all when we were selecting colours for her room on that Monday. The moment she showed me that favourite colour pencil of hers, I was sold.
Really pretty.
The combi with Nyla's white and pink furnishings in her room= Fabulous.

Bye Bye Pinky (plus messy) Walls.....

Hello "Tiffany&Co"



The colour 'Aqua Marine 5086' is calming yet invigorating.
Instantly feel refreshed every time we enter her room.


Apparently, it also creates a conducive and inviting study environment. :ppppp

By the way, all the paints we used were Nippon's Odour-less All-in1-paint which means no pollutant (VOC) was emitted into the air. By using Odour-less All-in-1 paint, you will experience almost no paint odour during and after painting. It's definitely the ideal interior wall paint for people sensitive or allergic to paint odour.

Okie Doks, we are now in the process of sprucing up as well as decorating the rooms as in buy photo frames la...beddings la....I promise you that when we are done with all these, I shall reveal the whole look of the home ya! Soon, akan datang!

Meanwhile, if you have painted your home, HI-5!

If you haven't and would like to do this weekend, you so need Nippon Paint's 'Colour My World 2012' Booklet to select the colours.

You may call their hotline:62655355 and they'll mail you a copy within 3 days....OR get the booklet from DIY stores such as Home-Fix and Self-Fix.
Another option is to download the soft copy! Click here.

Do choose your colours wisely BUT leave room for discovery and experiments okay.

If you need tips on painting and advices on painting visit this website for extensive videos and guides.

HAVE FUN you alls!!!
Yeay Yeay Nak Raya!

PS: All colours shown in my photos may vary from paint colours due to lighting. All colours shown are as close to the actual Nippon Paint colours as modern printing techniques permit.

2 comments: